Sunday, January 27, 2013

Home inspiration: Kitchen






So now that I am a college graduate and am starting to feel like a big kid, I've begun to think about houses. I currently rearrange the furniture in the apartment about once a week.  I'm a little afraid of what I will be like once we get a real house!  I am dying to buy a house and decorate, unfortunately that dream is a little farther off than I would like to think about.  However, while I am waiting for my big girl house, I have been planning out my favorite room - the kitchen.  I love being in the kitchen and trying out a new recipe or making a complete mess.  I have recently begun a collection of dessert plates, coffee mugs, and my favorite and largest collection - Pyrex.  My dream kitchen will have to have tons of storage for all of my pretty finds.



Here are some of the kitchens that inspire me and make me incredibly jealous:

The natural light here is ridiculous!
Via The Fab Web (unsure if this is the original source)

I love the idea of open shelving to display pretty pieces.  My Pyrex collection is growing so this is a must.
Via Flickr

Yellow is my current favorite color and combined with the white cabinets makes this kitchen so cheery!
Via Design Sponge - Katie Graham

I definitely want a mostly white kitchen, with punches of color.  There's that open shelving that I love!
Via Glitter Guide - Heidi Merrick

There will certainly be more inspiring kitchens to come!

What is your dream kitchen?
What's your favorite room in the house?  
















3 comments:

  1. Hi Lizzie,

    Just came across your lovely blog via the link-up today.

    I was so pleased to find you, because it's not every day I find a blogger that isn't a newly wed with or without a baby or two.

    Good luck in the big world, I hope you get the job you're hoping for :)

    Casey
    http://meintb.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  2. Okay so I accidentally posted ^ on the wrong page, but oh well, I have more to say.

    I actually love the first kitchen you posted and have seen it many times on Pinterest, it's gorgeous! Though I'm 17, homes have been on my mind for quite some time. I look forward to growing up and having to opportunity to decorate it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha, it's all good :)

      I'm glad you've found my blog as well! It is tough to find non-mommy bloggers!
      I am in love with the first kitchen and my dream kitchen will have to have that many windows!

      Thanks for stopping by!

      Delete