Tuesday, August 21, 2012

So here's the deal about 6am...

When you wake up then and spend 8 hours with 5th graders and then go home to work, you end up becoming a sucky blogger.  You have high hopes at 7 am when you're making your to-do list for the day, but when 3:15 rolls around and it's time to go home, all you want to do is snack and sleep.

Well at least that's my experience with 6 am.
Honestly, it isn't as awful as it sounds.  I enjoy my day and it goes by pretty quickly, I just have to get used to waking up early and not having time to just be lazy.   So really what are the perks of being in student teaching:

5th graders love my fashion style! I received compliments on my dress, shoes, and necklace today.  Super ego boost!
The necklace was made by my awesome seester beeteedubs!


My sweet boy makes me dinner and lets me eat all the pie I want! 
Also a perk of working directly next to Coldstone - delicious peanut butter pie!
Getting to go back to school shopping! This is by far my favorite.  I can justify buying whatever I want when I relate it back to school.  New tote bag - totally necessary for my binder. New shoes - well I need them for school of course! New clothes - I need those compliments to keep coming from my friendly 10 year olds!

So student teaching isn't all bad, just tiring.  I start teaching next week - the properties of multiplication! Please hold in your screams of excitement.  It's not a super exciting topic, but I'm excited to get back into the swing of things.  What I'm most excited about however, is my unit topic - Physical and Chemical changes! AHHHH <--- serious scream of excitement.  I love teaching science, and there's so much you can do with this topic.  I really can't wait to start planning it all our.  However first I have to finish my lesson plans for next week as I take on those properties.

If you have any ideas on either of these topics, send them my way!!

Wish me luck!

-Lizzie

No comments:

Post a Comment