Monday, December 31, 2012

I've obviously got the wrong idea about dating...

Ok so lately people have been getting engaged and excited and my Pinterest has been blowing up with "100 fun dates with your husband".  It has been my newest form of entertainment to read all of these "great" date ideas.  Ben and I obviously aren't too good at date night, because we haven't done half of the ones listed.

Here are a few of my favorites:

Bring home your favorite fast food, but serve it on your best china. - If this date idea doesn't liven up your relationship, I'm not sure what will.  Think about all of the giggles you'll have eating your waffle fries off of your fancy china.  Ben and I will first have to go buy fine china, but this is definitely in our "To-do Dates of 2013"

Make a mixed tape or CD. - Now this is a recent list of things to do... who is still even capable of making a mixed tape?  Also I really can't imagine planning a date night solely around making a mixed CD, unless we were headed on a road trip the next day.

Take a hayride. - I live in South Georgia, I have no idea where I would find a hayride unless we're talking about the month of October.  This one just isn't all that probable.

Pick out the perfect frame for your favorite photo of the two of you. - Well this might take 10 minutes... tops.  Secondly Ben would think I was a nut if I suggested we do this on our Friday date night.

Find a fountain and throw in 10 pennies, taking turns making wishes. - I just love this one for the fact they specified 10 pennies.  Don't throw in 11 or it might not be a perfect date any longer, stick with 10.

I could go on and on with these ridiculous date ideas.  These silly posts do make me think however.  Ben and I spend a lot of time watching Netflix, which we LOVE, but we could get a little more creative.  I have big plans for tomorrow night though! We've become a bit anti-social which has led us to having no plans for New Years. Instead of trying to find last minute plans I am going to make it a big ordeal for us! By big plans, I mean I'm pretty sure I'm going to make a big blanket fort and cook some delicious tacos.

How are you celebrating New Years?  Any creative date ideas, that are actually creative and don't involve a pair of skates?

- Elizabeth

No comments:

Post a Comment