Thursday, January 19, 2012

Martha Stewart

So today I am lucky enough to not have class... the downside is that at 5 I get to go to work :/.  The only truly awful part of this, is that I will be there until at least 10:30.  Having all of this free time is making me super productive though.  I have already made my own cereal this morning  (don't worry I will include the recipe, because it is delicious),  done some laundry, begun to make pita bread (it's currently having to rise for three hours), and made lunch for Ben and I.  Mr. Benjamin has a break in about ten minutes so I'm going to run lunch onto campus for him.  I made my absolute favorite sandwich - peanut butter, banana, and honey. Can you believe he's never had one!! Before I head up to the school though, I plan on googling how to know when a burn is infected.  Remember that burn from the spaghetti squash incident, well it doesn't look much better, and has really swelled up.  Not sure what to do, I've been putting some black salve stuff on it, in hopes that it will suck out all the bad stuff, but all it seems to do is make my burn look much grosser.  Now after I've told you all about my lovely burn, how about that cereal recipe! :)


This recipe was incredibly easy to do, and only took about 40 minutes total.

What you will need!


- 4 1/2 C rolled oats
- 1 tsp honey
- 3/4 C wheat germ
- 1/3 C oil
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 2 tbsp brown sugar
- 2 C flour
- 1 tsp salt
 You can add in nuts if you want, but I'm not real big on them so I left them out.


Preheat oven to 250 degrees.  Mix ALL ingredients together.  Place in a casserole dish.  Bake for about 15 minutes and stir.  Raise oven temperature to 325 degrees and continue baking for 10 minutes.  Stir and let cool.  Then it is ready to be served, or in my case stored for tomorrow's breakfast!

No comments:

Post a Comment