Sunday, January 22, 2012

ready, set, get healthy!

Mill Creek Park

So Ben and I have been doing a really good job at keeping up with running and staying active daily. Ben has been doing Insanity.  I've tried it before, but it's just a bit too insane for my taste, so I have moved on to iPhone apps and this awesome website I have discovered - SparkPeople. It's an awesome website that allows you to track your food and exercise.  That's great and all, but the best part is that you can get meal plans and view recipes from the site.  This morning we're trying out a new breakfast recipe - applesauce oatmeal muffins.  We've actually already gone running this morning too - 1.25 miles.  We head up to the local park - Mill Creek as often as we can.  It's a bit disappointing because it's not incredibly close, but the scenery completely makes up for the drive.  If we can't run at the park, we normally head out from my apartment and run up to the college fitness center, there's a track around the soccer and baseball fields, but it just isn't very exciting and honestly pretty boring.   If we can keep this up, I think we'll be in better shape in no time.  We decided last night that from here on out we will only be trying recipes from SparkPeople, because they provide us with healthy choices and show us the nutritional facts on each meal.  The recipes all look delicious too and we can't wait to try out a lot of them... especially the slow cooker meals!

Other than that, not much has been happening in my world.  Finished the first week of school without much difficulty.  It's going to be a tough semester, but I know I can do it with a bit of effort.  Speaking of effort this dreary Sunday is going to be dedicated to homework, so the rest of the week will hopefully be a breeze.

Updates on our muffins later! If they're as delicious as they sound I'll post the recipe.

No comments:

Post a Comment