Tuesday, July 31, 2012

First day of school nerves!

So I start 5th grade tomorrow... Ok well I start teaching 5th grade tomorrow, to-may-toe, to-mah-to.  The nerves are all the same.  What if the popular kids don't like me? What if the principal thinks I'm a trouble maker? and so on and so forth.

Me!
Honestly I'm not too terribly nervous for the first day of school, I'm sure it will be hectic and fun.  What I am nervous about is student teaching and my time management skills.  This semester I'll be at my school from 7 am till 3 pm every day.  That's a 40 hour job that I'm not getting paid for! While I would love to just do student teaching, there are two furry mouths that I have to feed, rent to pay, and sometimes I like to eat.  Which is why I work at the lovely Einsteins.  I may also have a secondary job if they feel like working with my schedule, but I won't know that until later tonight.  All I do know is that I am going to have to stay so organized with my lessons and work or else I won't be graduating in December.

Other than being a bit scared of what is to come this semester, I am super excited to meet all of my students and get back into the swing of teaching.  Once I finish up browsing the good ol' interwebz and eat a delicious dinner, I plan on packing my bag, my lunchbox, and getting all of pens and pencils in order.  I have to be prepared for the first day, I mean I am the teacher!!

Any tips on how to cure first day of school nerves?

- Elizabeth

No comments:

Post a Comment