Wednesday, July 18, 2012

resurrection

To resurrect this long lost blog I felt I should start off with a little craft I completed today.

Since the new school year and student teaching (eek!) are just around the corner I decided I needed a new camera.  This way I'll be able to beef up my portfolio with pictures.  On top of that, this is my last semester, I want to capture every moment possible.  (I also want to take pictures of the kitten babies!)
So last week I got on the good ol' interwebs and found myself a nice camera for a pretty good price.  It's a Nikon L26 and for what I payed and what I'll be using it for it's perfect!


I was very excited when it arrived yesterday and started taking pictures right away.  Now, I don't have the best history with electronics and not breaking them, so I decided right away that I needed to make a case for my brand new baby.

First things first, I gathered all of my materials:
- needle
- thread
- various bits of fabric
- buttons
- hemp

I recently picked up some beautiful fabric from a local thrift store for super cheap, but I hadn't decided what I wanted to actually use it for.  I decided that this fabric was destined for the camera case!  Using my new fabric and some old canvas I made two pouches that my camera would fit.  I then sewed the canvas pouch inside of the printed fabric.  I sewed the two pouches together and then added a little drawstring.  I'm very proud of myself, considering it is all hand sewn.  It's not the most protective case ever, but It will keep my new baby safe in my purse, which is where it will spend most of it's life.


Isn't this print precious?

Again I'm pretty proud of myself, but the actual case hasn't really been put to use yet, so we'll see how it holds up over time! Definitely looking forward to taking advantage of the new camera in the very near future, so be prepared to have a photo overload!


I'll leave you with a photo from my kitten photo shoot yesterday!

Miles and his rather large rear end.


No comments:

Post a Comment